Saturday, July 28, 2012

Coming Home by Karen Kingsbury

I'm so sad that the Baxter's have come to the end with the final book written about them.  If you've followed the whole Baxter family series and all of the spin-offs, then you will definitely want to make sure you read this book.  However, it's a bit different than I had thought it would be.  I was crying halfway through when I saw how the Baxter family would end their time in these books.  When you've gotten so close to each character, it's so hard to say goodbye to them.

Karen does a wonderful job at making sure that even new readers could pick this book up and get a great glimpse into the lives and pasts of the main Baxter family.  It is definitely more meaningful if you've read all of the series, but she summarizes with just enough detail for new people and not so much of a summary that it bores her readers that have followed them along the way.

The book has a twist, like all of her books.  It's not all wrapped up in a nice big bow, so watch out for the tears and the "ugly cries!"  However, you will end knowing that each Baxter is happy and is where God wants each of them to be.

This book is a must have for all of the series collectors out there!  And to you new readers of Karen Kingsbury: you've got to read this entire series, but this book is a great place to start!
_________________________
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment