Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Heart Echoes by Sally John

The third book in the Side Road Series, Heart Echoes is a book that can speak to every person.  I haven't read anything by Sally John before, nor have I read the first 2 books in this series.  With that said, I had no difficulty figuring out who was who and what was going on.  I don't really know if the characters carry over from book to book but I didn't feel like I had missed out on not knowing a certain character if it had.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I think I experienced a wide range of emotions while reading it.  It was incredibly hard to read the exchange between Teal and her dad.  My heart broke for her.  Not only that, but it was difficult to read what Teal had experienced in her life as well as River.  However, it was a heartwarming story at the same time and I found myself in tears over Teal's sister, Lacey and how her future looked (don't want to spoil the story for you!).  I loved how the book wrapped ended...it wasn't all perfect but it was how life usually turns out. 
Who knew an earthquake could change so much in the lives of three people.  Teal is a mother to Maiya and the wife to River.  Maiya is a daughter who just wants to know who her biological father is.  Did I  mention that she's a bit rebellious at the moment?  However, if Maiya finds out who her biological father is, it could upset Teal's life even more.  No one, and I do mean no one, knows who he is except for Teal.  Not even her husband knows. 

There's a wonderful side story about Lacey, who is Teal's sister, as well.  You get to hear the story from her point of view, too, and hear her struggles and thoughts as she goes through her trials with her husband Will.
Will Maiya find her biological father or will she decide that having a loving step dad is enough?  Will Teal be honest with her husband in order to build a stronger marriage?  Can River ever get through all of the trauma he has faced in his past?
_______________
I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion.

1 comments:

Sally John said...

Mommy T ~ I love your summary of Heart Echoes! Thank you so much for your comments. Blessings. ~ Sally John

Post a Comment