Monday, February 6, 2012

Married Mom, Solo Parenting by Carla Anne Coroy

In a generation where men aren't fulfilling their roles within the marriage and more men are leaving their wives to raise the children, this book is a great resource for those women who find themselves in this situation.  However, that's not all who this book is written for.  This book is for those who are military wives, those who  have husbands who work long hours or addicted to their jobs, perhaps those women who have husbands that like their hobbies more than their family, etc.  Many moms find themselves in this role unexpectedly. 

I found that this book was a great book that had tips for every mom to be able to be a bit more productive.  Not only was it full of parenting tips, but it had a lot of ideas on things for the children to do to help out around the house.  I was so glad that I read it, as well, because I feel like now I can know how to help those of my friends who are in this situation.  I now know how to better minister to them and that was such a wonderful thing for me to know.  I think every woman should read this book, whether you are in this situation or not.  Sadly, more women are in this situation than we realize.  What a great opportunity for those of us who are not in this situation to be able to ease the load of those who are doing all of the work.
______________
I received this book free from Kregel Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment