Sunday, March 18, 2012

Love's Sacred Song by Mesu Andrews

Having just read and reviewed another book in the biblical history fiction books, I was excited to continue reading in the same genre.  This book walked the reader through Song of Solomon and told the beautiful story between Solomon and Arielah.  Arielah has known from the beginning that she would one day marry Solomon.  However, can Solomon live with just one woman?  Can Arielah adjust to being the wife of a king?

As I was reading this, I found myself wanting to go back and read about Solomon.  I felt that Mesu Andrews did a wonderful job following the biblical account and making sure that she only took liberties to add to the story when it was left unclear as to what thoughts had happened that weren't documented.  Like all biblical fiction books, it doesn't replace the Bible, but I think it reminds you that these characters written about in the Bible were humans and human thoughts, just like us.  I loved taking a realistic look at what King Solomon might have been like and in how many ways he was actually pulled in his life, as far as his duty and his daily routine....those things that all of us can relate to.  This is a wonderful love story that brings tears to your eyes as you explore the story.
_______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

1 comments:

Mesu Andrews said...

Thanks so much for your review. I'm thrilled to hear you were nudged back into Scripture--which is my #1 goal in writing biblical fiction. I checked out your other blog and noticed all that's going on in your life! Yikes, gal! I'm amazed (and humbled) that you took time to read my book amid all the STUFF you and your family are going through. I pray the Lord will continue to guide and guard your family during this tumultuous time. Blessings!

Post a Comment