I was so excited to get this book mostly so I could save it for my husband to use in a few years with our daughter. She's only one right now, but I know that he is going to need some help thinking of things to do with her that are meaningful to her and show her that he cares and loves her.
This book is a wonderful guide that is practical and full of ideas that make it easy for dads who are a little less creative at how to find ways to relate or spend time solely with their daughter. It starts out with choosing an activity to do, such as putt putt and pictures or washing your wheels or being a blessing to mom, or even silly sock day. There are 80 dates to choose from in this book but there are also 8 Extreme Dates if a Dad chooses to go for a little more alone time with their daughter. That includes things such as table for two or a camping trip or theme park.
Once you've chosen the date, you follow the "grab" list that tells you exactly what you need to take with you or get. Then you get to the "Go" section. This tells you what to do on your date, where to go, ideas to think about. It lays out the blueprint for your date. Finally, the most important part to me is the "Grow" section. This has a list of questions to think about asking your daughter or conversation starters that will help you relate the date to personal experiences. It even shares a Scripture that relates, as well as a prayer that you can pray with your daughter. Included in that page are also a few quotes, which I loved. This whole conversation isn't just you asking questions. It reminds you to tell you daughter of a time that you experienced what you are talking about with her. This makes it personal.
I can't wait for my husband to use this as a guide. I know he will get lots of use out of it and hopefully it will help him think of other ideas as he goes along. I recommend this book for EVERY father of a daughter. In fact, I think Father's Day is coming up...
__________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment