Monday, March 5, 2012

Heart's Safe Passage by Laurie Alice Eakes

The second book in the Midwives Series, this book is a wonderful book full of action and romance.  I was actually not expecting the plot to keep unfolding up until the very last page.  Every time that I thought the plot couldn't thicken and that it needed to resolve at a certain point, it was intensified and became more complex.  I had not read the first book in the series, but would like to check it out now.  Saying that, I didn't have any problem following people or understanding the story.  I'm not for sure if any characters were carried over from the first book to the second, but nothing is lost if you started reading this book first.

I was captivated by the story line.  Phoebe Lee as kidnapped, kind of purposefully for one person and accidentally for another person.  Phoebe has a history as a murderer and a midwife.  Her story is very well-known in taverns so you can imagine what Captain Rafe Docherty thinks when the men bring her aboard with Belinda.  Captain Rafe only wanted Belinda on board so he can help to carry out his revenge on Brock, a man who murdered Rafe's wife and parents. 

Along the way are many twists and turns and like I said, a thick plot.  Be ready to turn page after page because you just can't wait to see what the next chapter holds.
________________
Available February 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
___________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group, in exhchange for my honest opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment