Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Words Spoken True by Ann H. Gabhart

I'm a new reader to Ann Gabhart's books.  The last one I reviewed was a book on the Shakers and it was really good.  When I saw this one able to be reviewed, I was anxious to read it because I saw that it looked so different from the last one I had read from her.  I like it when authors can write in different ways that are so completely different from each other.  Mrs. Gabhart did a wonderful job in this book.  I was hooked from the very beginning and stayed up way too late last night reading because I just couldn't tear myself away from it.  It had a very unlikely villain, a heart-breaking marriage setup, and some decisions that led to life-changing circumstances. 

Adriane Darcy is not the proper girl but for some reason a proper man, Stanley Jimson, has his eyes set on her and wants to marry her.  However, the new rival editor, Blake Garrett,  at a competing newspaper has also noticed Adriane's beauty but has also noticed something else about her promised beau.  Determined for Adriane to not make a mistake she will regret despite the consequences, Blake has to first get Adriane to actually talk to him!  Headstrong Adraine who doesn't shy away from saying what she really thinks can give any man a run for his money.  But will she succeed when it becomes a life or death issue?  Will Adriane realize that sometimes happiness is better than convenience?  Can she break a promise despite the deadly consequences?
____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

0 comments:

Post a Comment