Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Sneezy Wheezy Day by Sharon Cramer

This is my first introduction to the Cougar Cub Tales.  Since it is in black and white on my Kindle, I couldn't get a fair assessment of the pictures, although based on the cover it is bound to be beautiful illustrations.  The drawings that are in black and white look good, but not near as good as the full book version.

I read this book to the kids and they enjoyed the book.  I think they would have enjoyed it more in the book form since they like turning pages, but I did hand them my Kindle and let them "turn" the pages on that.  My oldest was fascinated with the animals in the book and the huge variety of animals mentioned.

I liked how the story ended because I thought it was a great lesson for my children.  The book goes through how the boy cougar gets sick and the girl cougar stayed with him and went with him to different people to try to figure out a cure for him to feel better.  At the end, he wakes up the next day and feels a lot better.  He realizes that he feels so much better simply because his SIS was there with him every step of the way and never left his side.  Since my kids are brother and sister, I love books that show a wonderful sibling relationship that is full of love and not fighting.
___________
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment