Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Incovenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck by Kathleen Y'Barbo

This book is apparently a part of a series, in which I hadn't read the first books.  That said, there was the typical introduction of characters that I wasn't for sure what their story was since I had not read the earlier books.  That didn't deter me from this book.  Instead it made me want to read the books before this since I was more intrigued about the characters.  I would recommend that this series be read in order so that you can have a complete picture of what is going on and who is involved.

This book did have me laughing at a few points, like when they were "proposing" their marriage.  Their proposal wasn't your typical one.  In fact, it was one that was a deal....between Alex and Charlotte's father.  Or maybe Charlotte's father saw something that neither of them could.  Charlotte has a very strong personality and ends up in things that a typical woman wouldn't encounter.  And there's only one man who stands his ground and doesn't get afraid when he has to deal with Charlotte. 

Charlotte and Alex decide to go along with the plan, but they've devised a plan of their own.  Once they are married, they will both work quickly to have their marriage annulled.  That's their plan.  Their father's plan is for them to stay married.  Which plan happens and what situations will they have to endure during this crazy engagement and marriage?!
________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment