Friday, November 14, 2014

The Promise by Beth Wiseman

The Promise  -     By: Beth Wiseman
I will never forget a good friend of mine recommending Beth Wiseman's book. I enjoyed her writing so much that I have not missed a book she has written since then. She is very impressive as an author because she can bridge so many different fiction genres, like Amish fiction and contemporary fiction.

This cover made me not certain if I'd like this book or not. It looked suspenseful, which I knew was included in the book. However, I was a little nervous at the amount of suspense I was going to be reading, since I'm not much of a suspenseful book lover.

The storyline for this book is AMAZING! I kind of cheated (because I do that) and read the author's note first. I like knowing how the author came to write this story before I read it because it helps me to put it into perspective. I'll say one thing about the author's note...DON'T MISS IT! Wow! The courage Beth had and her honesty in that section made this book even more unforgettable, in my opinion.

I didn't want to put this book down. It is suspenseful, but probably in a different way than you would normally think. Mallory Hammond is a determined girl who has to learn the hard way. It absolutely broke my heart to watch her chose this path for her life, not knowing the amount of fear and consequences she was going to experience. After reading the author's note, I think Mallory will become a dear character to every reader. Tate's selflessness is pretty amazing, too, especially as the reality of Mallory's situation began to hit.

This is a book that has been hard to set aside and forget about. After finishing it, I still find myself thinking about this scenario and wondering how many others have had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Read more reviews on this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/bwiseman.
_______________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment