Thursday, February 4, 2016

Where She Belongs by Johnnie Alexander

#1: Where She Belongs  -     By: Johnnie Alexander
This is the first book that I have read by Johnnie Alexander and I am already anxiously awaiting her next book to come out in the Misty Willow Series. I was instantly hooked within the first few pages of the book and absolutely enjoyed every character in the story.

AJ was probably my favorite because he was that knight in shining armor. He had dealt with a lot, suffered many loses, and been punished but he had never lost his heart for doing the right thing. In fact, it was the right thing that could cost him the thing that he wanted most in this world.

Brett. I was surprised to find my heart turning a little towards him by the end. I was glad to see that the next book picks up on his story because he has so much to tell. He is that boy that can swing either way. He's been that wild boy that charms, but is learning that may not be what he truly wants. I'm excited to see what way he chooses next.

Brett's sister just frustrated me. I'm hoping more of her story will be picked up in later books, as well. All three of these characters have suffered loss and each have their own way of protecting their hearts so they don't get hurt again. She just comes across as very hurtful, even to her family.

Shelby and her girls are the sweetest. I would have liked to know more about her past marriage and have been intrigued by what her deceased husband was like and what their marriage was like. It hinted at the fact that there were some problems, but I would have liked to know more about that. Who knows.... maybe that will be revealed later in the series, too. Family is very important to me, so I loved that quality about Shelby. Her grandparents were very dear to her and their house wasn't just a house to her. It held so many memories and she wanted those memories for her children.

This was a beautiful story of making hard choices, forgiveness, and new beginnings. The characters also wrestle with what God has planned for them, whether it is in the U.S. or on the mission field.
_____________

Where She Belongs

by Johnnie Alexander

Can love redeem a broken past?

Shelby Kincaid is ready to move forward after the death of her husband left her devastated. With high hopes for the future, she longs to purchase her family's homestead, Misty Willow, so she can raise her young daughters in the only place she ever truly belonged. She plans to transform the abandoned house into the perfect home of her memories. But she has her work cut out for her.

AJ Sullivan never wanted Shelby's family homestead in the first place. His grandfather left it to him as punishment for not following his wishes, and he's let it fall into ruin. AJ's more than happy to unload it to this spitfire of a woman. But even after angry exchanges over the state of the house, he can't get her off his mind.

With writing that evokes a strong sense of place and family history, Johnnie Alexander deftly explores the ties that bind us to home--and the irresistible forces that draw us to each other.

______________________________________________________

Johnnie Alexander is the award-winning author of Where Treasure Hides. Johnnie is an accomplished essayist and poet whose work has appeared in the Guideposts anthology A Cup of Christmas Cheer. In addition to writing, she enjoys reading, spending time with her grandchildren, and taking road trips. She lives near Memphis, Tennessee.
SIGN UP
_____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment