It has been some time since I've read a book and have had such a hard time getting it out of my head once I finished it. I absolutely cannot wait for the second book to come out already. I am hooked, needless to say!Who doesn't like to read a book with the setting of Prince Edward Island. I immediately went straight to thinking about Anne of Greene Gables and I loved how she tied Montgomery into this book. I think that's another reason this book was one of my favorites that I've read in a while. I wish I could have saved it to read on the beach. If only book 2 would come out this summer!
Marie Carrington is a character that had me a little confused at the beginning. I obviously knew something had gone on in her life in order for her to react to people in a different way. I appreciated how Liz Johnson slowly revealed Marie's history and how she brought two completely broken people into a relationship. Seth Sloane has been deeply hurt by a woman and he can't seem to get past her.
Considering I haven't read any other books by Liz Johnson, I must say that I am very impressed by her writing style. She brought two people together with hurts and messiness. It very easily could have been one of those books where the drama is drawn out so much that it leaves the reader frustrated and ready for it. However, it was perfectly scripted to where there was enough suspense and tension for just the right amount of time. Now I want to discover what I've missed by reading the rest of her books! Seriously, though.... book 2 should come out soon!
____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment