Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Minecrafters Bible

  • This Bible has not left my son's side all day. I knew it would be difficult to track this Bible down once he got a hold of it!

I was very hesitant at first to request to review this Bible because I'm not one to mix hobbies with the Bible. I'm not sure why I don't particularly like it, but it's just not something I typically do. So when I saw Minecraft on a Bible, I wasn't certain whether to go for it or not. However, knowing my son's love of Minecraft, I decided to get it to see if it was something I'd let him have.

I'll be honest. I had my review written in my head a few days ago. My mind was pretty much made up and I had even told my husband what I intended to write in my review. However, once I got the Bible, held it in my hands, and looked at it, my review completely changed. The reason I was so certain my review wouldn't be glorious is because it had said it came with gaming pages inside. I wasn't all for that. In my head, I guess I was picturing gaming pages of things that had nothing to do with the Bible. Oh, did they have a surprise for me!

Having read this particular version before, I didn't spend too much time going over the Scripture because I knew I'd obviously approve of that part of it. I searched out the gaming sections first. I mean I really flipped through each one and I got more and more excited to give this to my 7-year-old. I knew he'd be so excited.

The gaming instructions are beautifully done in a way that leaves the boys (and girls) wanting to hop on Minecraft and build the tabernacle, or the Garden from Genesis. I loved how they brought these stories to life in a way where they can read it, build it, and it sticks with them. This is another way that I can get involved in discipling them. I'm not much of a Minecraft person, but I can definitely talk about the Bible with them as they create the scenes from here. 

So from a sceptic, well-done. I should get bonus points for sneaking this out of his room after he fell asleep just so I could write this review. In fact, I've never had a review written as quickly as this one!
_____________
I received this book free from Zondervan Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this Bible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment