I appreciated the raw emotion that filled the pages. I felt like I could easily place myself there and feel what each of the characters were feeling. I was a little surprised at how easily I was able to do that within the first couple of chapters.
This is a story of two people who have had their lives torn apart by a drunken driver. Dani Adams loses her husband on her anniversary. Ean Montgomery loses his pregnant wife and son during the same accident. This has pushed them to visit a grief counselor to help them process what has happened and to help them learn how to move forward.
I don't particularly like to read a lot of books with colorful language, simply because I think words are beautiful and there are other words that you could use to get the same point across. This book does have some colorful language, so that was something that I struggled to get through. It would be a great book with the same level of emotion even if they had been left out. I didn't feel like they enhanced the moment at all. Each person is different, but that's just my opinion and how I felt reading.
____________
I received this book free from PR by the Book and Stacy Mitchell in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment