I am so glad that I got to review the first part of this ebook but am so thankful I have the full book sitting on my desk to finish. I don't
think I would have been able to wait to finish it until the release date! This
book is full of real life circumstances to a "normal" marriage. It's full of
real temptations, of raw pain, and hiding that pain to the point that its no
longer felt. It's full of good choices and bad choices. Most importantly, it's
a story of a woman who seeks appreciation, isn't aware of what is being hidden
from her by her children, and needs God now.
Darlene has decided that now that the children are older and don't need her as much, now would be the perfect time to get a part-time job. However, that part-time job turns into a full time job which she loves. It's not that she doesn't need the money, which she explains very delicately to Brad. It's that she wants to make a difference in somebody's life. So she takes on a job at a special needs facility where she becomes a one-on-one aide for Cora. Cora's dad has lost his wife a few years ago and is normally a man who is not very friendly. However, as he sees Cora relax around Darlene and even laugh, he can't help wanting to know that women a bit more deeply than he should.
In the meantime, the reason Darlene and Brad moved to the country is to protect their older son from the friends he was hanging out with and the choices he was making. Her daughter Grace is trying to hide her pain that no one knows that she feels so deeply, and Ansley is just a special girl with no problem in particular that anyone can explain fully. They just know that something is a bit "off."
___________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this
book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com
<http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required
to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am
disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part
255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> :
“Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in
Advertising.”





1 comments:
I loved this book as well. Very realistic portrayal of the struggles of marriage and raising a family. Despite all the difficulties they face, the book overall is very hopeful, and I think most readers will be able to relate to the problems. It would also be a helpful book for someone who wants to understand what goes on in the mind of a teen who seems “perfect” on the outside but is dealing with life’s pressure in a very unhealthy way. Great book!
Post a Comment