Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Simon and the Easter Miracle by Mary Joslin

I was excited when I had the chance to review a children's book because I love cuddling up on the couch with my kids and previewing a new book.  My son also gets really excited when he gets to open a new book for him to keep. 

With that said, I was a little disappointed in this book.  I did like the illustrations and my children liked them.  I didn't enjoy the story that is apparently a traditional tale for Easter.  I thought that the book would tell the biblical account of Simon, but I was disappointed that it really didn't say much about it at all.  I hand never heard this traditional tale, but it wasn't something that I enjoyed reading to my kids.  My kids didn't particularly enjoy it either.

It is a hardback book, which is another plus, because it's more durable.  All in all, if you're looking for a biblical account of the meaning of Easter: the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, then this book isn't really something you will enjoy reading.  If you aren't particular about what you share with your children at Easter, then you might enjoy this traditional story.
________________
I received this book free from Kregel Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment