Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury

Angels Walking, Angels Walking Series #1   -     By: Karen Kingsbury
This is probably the first book by Karen Kingsbury that I wasn't as excited to read at first. Normally I'm so excited she has a book coming out but the title of this book left me thinking I may not like it. However, I just can't pass up one of her books, so like the fan I am, I decided to read it.

From the title, I assumed this may be a book about angels and I just figured I wouldn't be into that. Scripture talks about angels, but people like to use their own imaginations to make angels do more and be more than Scripture talks about. I figured that would be the case since this is a fiction book.

After the first chapter, I still had some reservations. But by the second chapter, I was hooked and knew this was still the same Karen Kingsbury. Of course, the angels conversation was made up, but the way things worked together was something each of us experience in our own lives. It leaves us saying, "Wow. God worked it all perfectly, without me." This was the same scenario played out in the pages of this book.

I liked how you clearly saw the problem, but just like in our lives, you couldn't see how the solution would be presented and how the relationships would be mended. It was a beautiful picture of God's grace in a man's life that had run so far from God.

And this is just the beginning.... the true story has to deal with a child yet to be born.... Now I'm definitely excited about this series and reading the next one in that will be coming out.
___________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment