I am always looking for books on parenting and helping to grow my children's character. When I saw this book, I couldn't resist picking it up. Growing Kids with Character was a fantastic title to catch the eyes of parents as they are perusing the bookstore.
I enjoyed the book, but I do wish the test was included in the back with a paper form of some sort. I had a hard time deciding which child I wanted to do the test for when in reality, I wanted results for both. I could have paid for an extra test, but I didn't. Instead, I enjoyed reading all the descriptions in the book and figuring out on my own which one each of my children were.
Hettie Brittz uses the categories of palm tree, rose bush, boxwood tree, and pine tree to figure out which sapling your child is. As a visual learner, I liked being able to picture these in my head because I could see some similarities. It also helped me to look at a tree and be reminded of my children.
Overall, I found this to be a helpful parenting book, but there were parts of it that I had trouble relating to. Two of my kids are in the elementary years and I felt this book was geared more towards preschool age or younger children.
__________________
I received this book free from David Cook Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment