I am absolutely enjoying the Bucklin Family Reunion series. I cannot wait for the third book to come out. Everything about this series shouts southern charm, from the cover to the story. It has everything you could want, from drama to humor. Needless to say, this is one family that won't let you down when you're needing a good laugh or just some good characters that you can't help but love.
Staying true to the format of her first book, each chapter tells the story of a different character. She balances going back and forth seamlessly, never leaving the reader feeling frustrated that things are left undone. She gives the reader time to adjust to the characters so it flows nicely.
I really can't pick out a favorite character, but Bucky surprised me in this book. I was so proud of his wife and the changes she had decided on. And I really didn't expect the ending to be like she chose. Picking up where this book ended, I'm curious to see the romance and drama in the next book! I'm so excited for what I lovingly call "my girls," meaning the three cousins in this book....Shay, Sally, and Sara. I feel that the story was more focused on the twins this time, but you do get your fill of all of the other characters that you grew to love from the first book.
Debby Mayne has a hit with this series, in my opinion. It was a fantastic idea with great characters and so many places that you can go. Please don't make me wait long for Book 3 and don't stop yet!
__________________________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.





0 comments:
Post a Comment