Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Redeeming Money by Paul David Tripp

Redeeming Money
I appreciate the wisdom from Paul David Tripp when it comes to family, parenting, and marriage. In everything I have read of his, he is constantly pointing his readers back to Christ. I greatly appreciate that.

Redeeming Money is no exception. Most Christians know that what is in your heart flows out in your actions. How you handle your money is no exception. Tripp reminds his readers where our money comes from....which is God. He challenges His readers to have a "Gospel Worldview." It reminds readers to look at money as a gift from God and it's not ours to keep, but to manage.

When I think of this book, I think of it as focusing more on the heart-issues that surround money. It's not a how-to book, but it's one that helps you ask hard questions in your own life. Has money become an idol? What do I think of money?

Often we think about money and how-to books. That's great. Except without the heart, it's only behavior modification. We have to change the way we think and our hearts before our behavior changes. I appreciate that Tripp doesn't miss the biggest issue when it comes to money...our hearts. But be honest with yourself as you're reading and asking yourself these hard questions!

___________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment