The Bible opens with several pages of a Bible Time Line. It also has a presentation page and a family history page. My daughter loved being able to write that page in by herself.
The version this Bible is in is the International Children's Bible. It's an easier-to-read version for children.
I really like the Key Verse Highlights in the beginning of the Bible. It's a topical index for many of the things taht children have questions about or would like to find verses on. As you are reading through this Bible, you will see these particular verses highlighted so that kids can easily find it, read it , and learn it. It also gives a good explanation to kids on why we study the Bible.
Tucked inside the pages are common questions that kids have, like "How do I know Jesus loves me?" or "How do I pray?" or "How do I forgive?" Also included in those pages are Bible verses to know and a page so your child can write down their favorite verses.
The end of the Bible is complete with a very nice dictionary that is easy for kids to use. Then, there's a "Where do I find it" page. That page has some of the well-known people or stories in the Bible so children can quickly find the book of the Bible these stories or people are found.
Another favorite page of mine is the one called "What God Promises About." We have to know God's promises for us and realize that not all promises are for us. This does a great job at showing kids what God promies about salvation, my prayers, obeying, wisdom and so much more. It's followed by several pages that kids can use as a memory verse challenge. They are memory verses for my life, which is a lot of verses that kids can pray and memorize.
The very last pages are full of the Names of God, who the disciples are, the miracles of Jesus, and who some of the kids are who are named in the Bible! How sweet is that page?!
There is also a small maps section, as well.
All in all, my daughter is very pleased with this Bible. As a mom, I really appreciate the layout of this Bible and the intentional pages placed into it. It refers children back to the Bible constantly, and I appreciate that!
_____________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.





0 comments:
Post a Comment