Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Zoe's Hiding Place by David Powlison


This is a book that I recently read to my kids....from 3-10. They have had some anxiety over the death of their friend and I felt they could really relate to this book because of their anxious hearts.

The illustrations are beautiful and the colors are vibrant. That kept the attention of my 3 year old. My 8 and 10 year old liked the simple message reminding them that God is always near. I wouldn't say the book is theologically deep and I'm not so sure it was even meant to be. But the message is clear....when I'm afraid, God is there.

For my older kids, it allowed us to talk about verses that can remind us about God's nearness and not having to be afraid. It led to a lot of conversation, which I think is great if any book can do that. If you want something to bridge several ages, this is a good book for that. It can be adapted to fit the age that you're reading to, for sure. You'll probably want to extend it to the harder questions of "Why doesn't God leave us?, etc." for your older kids. At least, we did and then backed it up with Scripture.

All in all, I think the book served the purpose in which it was written for.
______________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment