Redemption was such a wonderful story of Bryan Clay who is an Olympic champion decathlete. Bryan didn't live an easy life as he was growing up. He grew up as way too many people have, experiencing things that little kids shouldn't have to experience. These circumstances led him to behaviors that classified him as an at-risk teen who stayed in trouble and was known for rebelling.
Only one thing could possibly keep Bryan out of trouble and that was track and field. He worked hard at it and it became a way for him to seek God and God was able to teach him many lessons. His mother got to see her prayers answered when he surrendered it all to Christ and began living for Him.
This book is honest and Bryan doesn't shy away from the things that he has seen or been a part of while growing up. I'm glad he doesn't. I'm glad he's honest because I think that so many people need to hear his story. It's definitely one I'm planning to share with my at-risk youth that I work with.
_____________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this
book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com
<http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required
to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am
disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part
255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> :
“Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in
Advertising.”




0 comments:
Post a Comment