Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sierra Jenson Collection, Volume 1 by Robin Jones Gunn

I remember reading my first book that included Christy and Todd on a ski trip.  I read it as a teen and loved it!  It had romance, but it wasn't anything inappropriate or anything that made me uncomfortable.  If anything, I remembered it focused a lot on friendships, which was encouraging.

You can imagine my delight when I started reading and found that Christy and Todd find each other again (even though the story focuses more on Sierra)!  It was like a glance into my past and I was shocked at how much I must have connected with those 2 characters in the previous books. 

Sierra is 16 and doesn't have a boyfriend.  In fact, she's part of a single's club and is proud of it.  That's not to say that she's 100% okay with it because she does struggle with being single as she watches her friends (who are older) find guys and start dating.  When Paul comes on the scene, Sierra has to figure out which direction God is calling them both.  Is it for them to really be together or would they be better apart?

This book is three books in one.  This makes this book a steal at this price!  If you have a teen girl who likes romance but needs to find more age-appropriate romance and friendship books, pick this book up for them.  Anything by Robin Jones Gunn is sure to be a delight, regardless of your age.  She writes for teens and then her Sisterchicks books are for adults.
__________________
I received this ebook free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment