After reading the Amish of Apple Grove series that was co-written by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith, I immediately researched to find out if they would be writing any more books together. I had sincerely hoped so because that series had been so much fun to read. I was excited to start this book and had high hopes for this new series, the Seattle Brides series. I was certain I wouldn't like them as much as the Amish series, but I really liked this book. I learned a lot about lumberjacking and starting a town from scratch. I also got to learn about the Duwamish tribe, which I found interesting. I found their custom for declaring a wife interesting. Who would have thought poles would determine who the girl would marry!
I was so glad to see that the humor found in the previous series was just as rich in this book. That's part of what makes these books so much fun to read. Who doesn't like a good laugh? Evie Lawrence had so much spunk. I had fun picturing her stubbornness with Noah and watching them figure each other out. Uncle Miles was that uncle that you can only smile and shake your head at because you never know what crazy plan he has cooked up next.
I am looking forward to watching many more women become brides in this new land officially named Seattle.
__________________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment