
Davis Bunn has been an author that I have come to enjoy. I look forward to each time a book of his is released. This is the third book in the Marc Royce series. Having read the first two, I knew this book would probably be even better than those two.
There was a lot of action in this book. It always surprises me that I enjoy this in certain books and I can't stand in others. In fact, I'm very picky when it comes to reviewing action books because I'm always nervous I won't be able to finish from all my emotions! (In case you don't know...I hate that nervous feeling from action movies/books.) That said, I did have that nervous feeling in this book (and the others), but it was also one of anticipation. I couldn't put it down because I just had to know how it ended.
These books are good stand alone books, but are even better when read straight through as a series. I can't even imagine being Marc Royce--alone and not even having a clue who or what to be looking for. All the while knowing that your life is being put into danger because people know who you are!
The romance in this book isn't mushy at all. It fits the book and the style of Marc. He's not a drama person, but the situations he finds himself in is pretty dramatic.
It was really neat to see how the governments from two different countries acted, hypothetically, (but I also got a good understanding of how they could most likely act) during something that could be a big crisis. The pressures mounted on not only the government but on Marc and his partner to save many lives. That kind of pressure leads to lots of tension and Marc's heart for God shone through the book. Just seeing how he was able to rely on God's will while so many weren't was encouraging.
Can't wait to read more by Davis Bunn!
________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment