
Ever since I read "When the Morning Glory Blooms by Cynthia Ruchti, I have been looking forward to another book by her. I really enjoyed the relaxing read of the other book and had hope that this one was the same. I could tell just by the cover that it was going to be relaxing and just as beautiful of a story as the other one. The cover was beautifully done and is perfect for this book.
So many different topics are dealt with in this book, but the one that gripped my attention the most was the mercy killing. Becca had such shame of her past. She wasn't ashamed of her decisions... but of the decisions her father made. He had tainted his family's name in their small town. The only way Becca can move on is to change her name. That works great until one day when her true identify is revealed and she as to deal with some accusations.
I had a hard time even imagining the idea of being ashamed of your family name. I know may people who are, but I personally haven't had that experience. It has to be incredibly hard to try to start a new life for yourself when all people do is compare you to the failures of your parents/family. It made me think a lot about how often I do that to people without realizing it.
Read more reviews on this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/CRuchti.
___________
All My BelongingsA new life and a new identity can’t protect Becca from a past that refuses to go away.
After spending years running from the shame her father put on her family, Jayne is determined not to let him steal her future in the same way he stole her childhood. Changing her name to Becca Morrow, she moves to California and settles into a new life and new job caring for ailing mother of handsome young businessman, Isaac Hughes.
But just as she’s wondering if she and Isaac are headed for a relationship, Becca’s patient passes away under unusual circumstances. Suddenly, her past catches up with her and the unnerving details of her heritage threaten to destroy all sense of home and all hope for love.
Even if she could clear her name, a phone call wraps a suffocating shroud around her heart. Her estranged father needs her help. But can Becca open her new life to the man who ruined her past?
Purchase a copy and learn more at Cynthia’s website.
Cynthia Ruchti
Cynthia Ruchti has more than three decades of radio broadcast experience with "Heartbeat of the Home" radio and currently serves as Professional Relations Liaison for American Christian Fiction Writers. Find Cynthia on the Web at www.cynthiaruchti.com.
___________
I received this book free from Abingdon Press and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment