
The whole time I was reading this book, I couldn't help but think how fun the research was for this book. I also think it holds a special place in her heart for 2 reasons: one being that it is her début novel and second because it involves her family history.
I was kept engaged throughout the entire book. It was very well-written to be a first novel. It was not evident to me until I read her biography. I hope she continues to write because she definitely has a talent.
I was frustrated with Mary's father and his not listening to Mary. I wanted him to listen to her and not push her to marry a man she didn't love. I know that was how they did it during the 1600s, but I can't imagine that! Barnabas was not worthy of Mary, in my opinion. I understood where he came from, but I wanted Mary to be loved and cherished. I was amazed at the sacrifices Mary was willing to make, even to a man who didn't know he could offer her a loving marriage.
This is the first book in the Southold Chronicles series. I look forward to rest of this series and am curious if more of the author's family history will be used.
____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




1 comments:
I need to get this book. It sounds so interesting that DeMarino based the story on her own ancestors. I've been following your blog for quite some time and enjoy it so much. I've tagged you to be a part of the Sunflower Blogger Award. Check out my blog tomorrow or after at http://thoughtsfrommillstreet.blogspot.com to learn what this entails. My blog is mostly a book review site, but I also blog about home, quilting, sewing projects, and sometimes gardening and food.
Hope you drop in over the next few days and take part in the Sunflower Blogging Award.
Post a Comment