Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pride, Prejudice, and Cheese Grits by Mary Jane Hathaway

Pride, Prejudice And Cheese Grits, Jane Austen Takes the South   Series #1  -     By: Mary Hathaway
I absolutely loved everything about this book. The cover is beautiful and quite stunning.  The font of the front of the story is fun and I think it captures the essence of the story: Classics meets the south.

I really like Jane Austen and when I saw this book, I knew I would have to read it. Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books by Jane Austen so I was excited to see this adaptation. I mean, who doesn't like Mr. Darcy?!

I found this book quite enjoyable to read. I had moments where I laughed out loud as I compared Elizabeth with Shelby and Mr. Darcy with Ransom. I liked the setting of the history building/classroom and teaching. Even Shelby's mom was just as dramatic as Elizabeth.  I also liked the modern-day comparison of Elizabeth's sisters with Shelby's sisters.

My favorite scene was actually what set Shelby's career in a down-spiral. I couldn't help but laugh when Ransom was trying so hard to keep a stern face as Shelby got her point across in front of all of this class!

I'm really looking forward to the south meeting more of Jane Austen in Emma, Mr. Knightly and Chili-Slaw Dogs that has already come out and is available to read.
__________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange of my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment