Friday, September 12, 2014

Debt-Proof Living by Mary Hunt

Debt-Proof Living: How to Get Out of Debt & Stay That Way  -     By: Mary Hunt
I have read several of Mary Hunt's books and figured there couldn't possibly be much more she could write that I didn't already know after reading her other books. I was wrong!

First of all, her books always encourage me to keep on, even when it means doing without. She writes in a way that I, someone who hates talking about math and money, can understand. Ironically, I now even find it a little fun to keep a budget.

One of my favorite sections is on money leaks. She encourages you to find out where the money is pouring out of your life and encourages creativity to stop that flow out.

I also like the section on countering destructive attitudes. I think we all fall into this trap often and need reminders that this is where our idolatry tends to reveal itself. I also like building your offense. I tend to do the same thing she does when going through catalogs! I just thought I was weird, but I did get the "shopping" out of my system without buying those temporary pleasures!

Her wording for debit cards and credit cards and charge cards made me laugh. She calls them hazardous materials, which is completely true!
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment