Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Desire by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley

The Desire, Restoration Series #3   -     By: Dan Walsh, Gary Smalley
Dan Walsh has become one of my favorite authors. He reminds me so much of Nicholas Sparks. I love it because I feel like I've read a wholesome story without having to censor anything. Gary Smalley won me over when he wrote with Karen Kingsbury. He brought her first Baxter series to life and I loved the issues that they dealt with.

The story itself is a little predictable, but that doesn't matter to me. There was so much depth in the characters and their issues. That's where the real story lies.... with the real life problems that each character faces.

So many people can relate very easily to the journey that Allan and Michelle are on. And Korah is a place that understandably weighs heavy on Allan's heart. I was glad that Michelle got to go along on the trip with him. I liked watching God work in their heats and relationship. I know it's fiction, but I know this is a real life situation that raises many questions that those in this situation deal with.

I also liked Christina. I can't imagine the decision she has to make, but I loved the love that Marilyn and Jim poured out on her. What a way to spend their empty nesting years. I want to be that!

I am looking forward to Doug's story. I'm secretly hoping that Christina and Doug will be together.
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment