Monday, December 8, 2014

Taking God at His Word by Kevin DeYoung

Taking God at His Word: Why the Bible Is Knowable, Necessary, and Enough, and What That Means for You and Me  -     By: Kevin DeYoung
I have long enjoyed the books that Kevin DeYoung has written. He has such a passion for the Lord and His Word and doesn't sugarcoat anything to make it easier to hear. I appreciate that about His writing. It's easy to do in today's culture where many want to hear things that make them feel better about themselves.

I appreciate the topic of this book because I know many who feel that the Bible is irrelevant to today. This whole book centers around what the Bible is, why it can be trusted, and it is relevant to us and our lives.

The other thing I greatly appreciated about this book was that Kevin DeYoung didn't spend time telling you why, in his opinion, we should take God at His Word. He uses God's Word to show you the importance of reading, knowing, loving, understanding, and applying His Word in our life.

I also liked how I didn't feel as if I was reading a theological book. It flowed easily and I found myself anxious to get back into reading the book. It also had me thinking about His Word constantly within the pages and I love anything that can take me back to the Bible.

Can't wait to see what topic is written about next!
________________
I received this book free from Crossway Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment