
This is such a cute book full of stanzas that rhyme. The story flows perfectly because of that, I think. The story is the Christmas story, but its is from the perspective of the donkey that Mary rode. It wasn't a weird perspective at all because it simply told how the donkey saw Mary was about to be a mother and could see the tender way in which Joseph cared for Mary. Then he tells of the journey to the stable and the birth of Jesus.
The illustrations in this book are very cute. Apparently they based it off of clay creatures, which really made this story come alive visually. The colors are soft and they look like clay people and animals. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures, and so did my children.
Even though Christmas is over, this is a book that would be perfect to get and save for next year, or to read anytime to remember Jesus' birth.
______________
I received this book free from Ambassador International in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment