
I just can't help but love Last Chance. It's a quaint little town where everyone knows everyone and the town goes to bed by 8:00. Doesn't that sound marvelous?! The downside to Last Chance is that the town folk are so close to each other that it's hard for an outsider to come into the town. They have to decide to love it and become a part of the town or leave.
Kaitlyn doesn't necessarily love the town, but because of her choices that she's made, she has no choice but to stay at Last Chance. It takes her awhile to realize it, but she is being given a chance to put her past behind her and start new. The same thing happens for Steven. His reputation isn't necessarily one that his family is proud of, but no one's past is so bad that they can't change with a little help from God.
I couldn't help but like Steven... even when he was a little annoying at the beginning. There was something about his story that broke my heart. Really, it broke for both Kaitlin and Steven. I hated to see their past thrown up in their face or to have looks of disapproval. I couldn't stand Juanita at first, but then I came to like her a little more by the end.
It was wonderful to be updated about Chris and Sarah and Ray and Lainie. After reading the first two books, I liked having them all tied back into this book. I like it when authors do this in a series. With that said, though, you definitely wouldn't be lost in the series if you started with this one. It only adds to the book to have read the first two.\
I hope this isn't my last visit to Last Chance. Elisabeth still has more people she needs to help.... and I want to hear all about all three couples!
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment