
I have been so excited to read more by Elizabeth Camden ever since I read my first book authored by her. She packs so much into her stories and pulls the reader in from the very first page of the book. I enjoy the history that fills the pages and even the suspense that is a bit unexpected. To be honest, I didn't think there could be much suspense to a missing ship. Don't worry....I was wrong. There was a lot that could happen.
Beyond All Dreams was a wonderful story of a Anna O'Brien. Anna has been alone her whole life due to many circumstances. She has had to learn to stand up to bullies, prove people wrong, and to face her fears. Luke Callahan has a family that doesn't know how to handle anger or alcohol. In order to get out of that situation, he turns to politics. He quickly learns that it's hard to run from something engraved inside of you and it takes God to overcome such things as anger.
I'll admit that I went back and forth with Luke. One minute I'd like the guy and the next, I couldn't stand him. However, I was pleasantly surprised by him in the end and impressed with what he was willing to do for those he so clearly loved.
I am looking forward to seeing what's next in Elizabeth Camden's next novel. They just keep getting better and better!
___________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment