I learned a lot about food contamination in this book, without even realizing it. I was small when the Jack in the Box outbreak happened, so I don't remember much about that. However, I have heard about it and read about it at various times and was curious as to how the contamination happens and does so more often than we think it should.The bottled water company that Dr. Juliet Ryan works for is considered to be a top-notch facility. In fact, they hired the best person to ensure their water was safe. Dr. Juliet Ryan doubles and triple checks her work and speaks at conferences to bring more awareness to water and food contamination and the need for diligence.
To say that Dr. Juliet Ryan is placed in many uncomfortable circumstances, some of her own doing and some from others, would be an understatement. She has to learn to forgive when forgiveness seems next to impossible. She has to turn to the one person she despises the most and finds the most unforgivable in order to expose a scandal that is so big and so wrong and that can change her course in her career drastically. When her reputation is drug through the mud, she needs only one man standing up for her, but that comes at a cost.
I forgot that Kellie Coates Gilbert had a law background and about halfway through the book I became impressed with her vast knowledge of the law. I flipped to her bio and realized that no wonder she was so fluent.... that's what her passion was! It never got bogged down in heavy details and the storyline kept moving at a fast pace. Just when I thought that I had a grip on one part, something else would happen and make it fall apart.
I'm looking forward to reading book 3 in this series!
__________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment