As someone who has watched a loved one go down the road of brain tumors, this book hit home. I currently have a friend's elementary-aged son going through a brain tumor and thought of her the entire time I read this book. Needless to say, I bought her the kindle copy so she could read it. I knew that if I had been encouraged by this book, then so would she. Walking down this road is a lonely, scary road. Helo did an amazing job telling her story and being transparent about her fears and her battles.
I found it very helpful to read about how her different family members handled the news of her brain tumor. She shares her perspective of what it was like for her parents to see their child suffer, her husband to watch his wife suffer, and her children watching their mom suffer. Everyone thought this would be a surgery with a 6-day recovery. When the unthinkable happens, the family each copes with the ups and downs of the prolonged hospital stay and near-death experiences in their own way.
I appreciated how Helo focuses so much on God and how her relationship with God brought her through those tough times. She shares her fears of dying and leaving her family behind, but she also shares the hope that she found in Christ. She shares how intense the battle of her mind was and how she had to deliberately focus on God when she was scared. I liked how she was able to get through the MRI scans! I could just see her toes wanting to tap right off the table!
This book is for absolutely anyone and everyone, in my opinion. However, this would be a huge source of encouragement for anyone walking through a brain tumor diagnosis. She shares her rehab frustrations and how she is different now from before the surgery. It will definitely minister to those who are anywhere on this journey.
Read more reviews on this book by going to http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/halo-found-hope-helo-matzelle.
________________
{More about Halo Found Hope}
Halo Found Hope (December 2014)Machines beeping, the blur of medical staff running, a crash cart whizzing into an ICU room—was there any hope?
A young woman lay, packed in ice, as doctors attempted to somehow stop the swelling in her brain that threatened to take her life… and her family waited.
Six days turned into eight weeks. She awoke to discover that she was not the same. She saw two of everything, couldn’t feel half of her face, couldn’t hear from one ear, and could not speak. She couldn’t even tell anyone that she felt hopeless… or could she?
Halo Found Hope is the story of a beautiful, busy wife, and mother of three whose life changes instantly with the diagnosis of a rare brain tumor. An exceptional ENT, a brilliant neurosurgeon and a dedicated medical team tackle the tumor, setting off a series of unbelievable miracles. Helo’s story is not one of survival, or of salvaging a life through a broken body. It is not about endurance through pain, but victory because of it. While the family heard her silence, God heard her prayer. Helo’s story is simply this: Wherever you are and whatever you are going through, God is right there. He doesn’t need to be re cognized by you, to be there for you. He can replace fear with courage and discouragement with determination, if you let Him. Helo did, and that is how she found hope.
Learn more and purchase a copy at Helo’s website.
________________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Dog Ear Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment