Friday, May 8, 2015

Every Bride Needs a Groom by Janice Thompson

Every Bride Needs a Groom, Brides with Style Series #1   -     By: Janice Thompson
Janice Thompson is one of my go-to authors when it comes to chick-lit. Her stories are light and full of humor. I always finish reading her books with a smile on my face because of her humor.

This book is the first in her new series, A Brides with Style. Since I have read most of her other series, I absolutely loved seeing familiar names popping up, like Bella, Gabi, and Jordan. It also mentioned Bella's family who host The Italian Kitchen show on TV. I like Janice Thompson starts new series, but still is able to tie in favorite characters into her new series. It makes her books connect in some small way.

I know Stan was a minor character in the story, but he was oddly one of my favorites. His little one-liners he used trying to convince Brady to get back into the pro game of basketball were funny. I know the ladies at the bridal shop dreaded to see him come in, but I loved it.

Being from a small town, I appreciated the small town feel she brought to the story. It was easy to relate to the how everyone knows you and the pace is a lot slower. Katie's predicament that brought her to the big city meant that many in her family stepped out to take a chance on love and mending relationships. The way Katie's brother's were worked into the story had me laughing just imagining the scene in my head.

I am definitely looking forward to reading book 2 in this series. These are the type of books that make excellent summer/beach books.
___________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment