Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Legacy by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley

The Legacy, Restoration Series #4   -     By: Dan Walsh, Gary Smalley
I always like it when two of my top authors join forces to write an unforgettable novel. I was sold on Gary Smalley's writing in fiction when he joined forces with Karen Kingsbury. Dan Walsh has been a favorite from his first book I've read by him a few years ago. The Restoration Series that Walsh and Smalley have written is a collection of unforgettable stories. They each deal with real life issues and tough issues. Some issues are marriage issues, all are relationship issues in one way or another, and all issues have lead to restoration within those relationships. However, they each did have a cost to pay for their choices.

Book 4 continues to follow the Anderson family. Jim Anderson is still restoring the problems that his children have faced because of his choices as a father in the previous years. However, since he has begun to change, he is seeking to reach out to each one in his family and restore those relationships. This book focuses on his son, Doug.

Doug has made decisions that many today make. He's living a double life and has to hit rock bottom in order for his life to turn around. It's painful for his family to watch, but he doesn't want to listen to anyone. Even his friendship with Christina has stalled.

I like this series for another reason: because I always learn something new about interacting with my children. In this book, I learned how treating your child like the prodigal son looks like. It's not easy and I can imagine my heart would be broken. However, I also saw how it can also give them room to be reached by God. It leads to a relationship where the child knows their parent loves them and is a safe place, even if they don't agree with the decisions.

I sincerely hope that there are more stories in this series. This has become like the Baxter series by Karen Kingsbury. I don't want to say goodbye to the Anderson family!
______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment