Friday, May 15, 2015

Paper Hearts by Courtney Walsh


#1: Paper Hearts  -     By: Courtney Walsh
I absolutely love the cover on this book. It is very visually  appealing and made me excited to pick up this book to read. I know they say not to judge a book by its cover, but if it doesn't have a pretty cover then I'm not as excited to read it. I'm not for sure why that is.

Of course, being a book lover (obviously), I enjoyed the setting of this book. Abigail owns a bookstore/coffee shop. Seriously. What book lover can't relate to this setting?! The two go hand-in-hand. Abigail has dreams of expanding and thinks that's possible at first. However, she quickly is let down when she sees a handsome man, although she hates to admit it, looking at the building. Jacob has come looking for a new start and just might have found it. This is how Abigail and Jacob's story begins to weave together with each other.

My favorite parts had to be when Abigail's mother intervenes in her dating life. Being from a small town, I can relate! I also liked the town natives, in general. They all had a huge interest in Abigail and wanted to see that girl married off!

Paper Hearts, the first book in this series, reminds us that we all make plans for our lives. We have the best intentions, but God ultimately knows the whole story of where we should be going in life and what we should be doing. It reminds us that we are to hold the reins loosely in our own lives and be willing to go and do whatever. It's a story of love and moving through the ugly in the past.
__________________
I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment