Monday, July 6, 2015

Laugh Out Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys by Rob Elliott

Laugh-Out-Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys  -     By: Rob Elliott
When I saw these little joke books come up for review, I was excited. My kids have just reached the age where they enjoy telling jokes. My son is 6 and enjoys drawing. This book is the perfect fit for him. In fact, I spotted it in his beach bag.

I think this book is even more fun because you get to draw in a book. I'm not certain what kid alive hasn't wanted to doodle in a book without getting into trouble for doing so.

As a mom, I like that these jokes are short and simple. They are funny for them to tell, but I think the part I enjoy most is seeing their drawing. The drawings have already been started and the child is to elaborate onto the picture. For example, there's a half of a horse drawn. The directions are for the child to draw themselves as the horse trainer and then what the horse would say to them. I think the cartoon drawings are very cute that are provided.

I reviewed both the doodle book for girls and for boys. I originally thought that it'd be the same book with just different covers. I was surprised to see that it wasn't. Or at least if they are, they are not in the same order at all. That makes it much nicer when both of my kids want to tell me a joke from the same page of their book!
_____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book

0 comments:

Post a Comment