I felt like this book had a slower start, but once I read a few pages I was hooked. I'll be very honest, though. I couldn't stand Desmond and Ivan. I dreaded seeing their names pop up in the story because they were just horrid! At first I was even unsure about Martin. He grew as the story went along and was definitely not the same person as the he was described as in the beginning of the story. Summer was a sweet girl who had given up a lot to help take care of her family. I liked the idea of her grandmother creating a list for her to complete over a few weeks. Her grandmother was a lady who was very easy to like and made me miss my own grandma as I reflected over several parts in the story.
There was a little mystery in the book because no one knows where Martin's parents have gone. There's anger and bitterness and just pure hate. However, there's also love, forgiveness, confidence, and God meeting people where they are.
One of my favorite scenes in the story happens close to the end when Desmond does something that others view as heroic. I felt like that was the climax of the story and the story changed a little for me after that.
This wasn't a fast paced book, but it was a beautiful story of forgiveness and making things right, as well as redemption.
______________
I received this book free from River North Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment