Sunday, November 8, 2015

Blessed, Blessed, Blessed by Missy Robertson

Blessed, Blessed . . . Blessed: The Untold Story of Our Family's Fight to Love Hard, Stay Strong, and Keep the Faith When Life Can't Be Fixed  -     By: Missy Robertson, Beth Clark
I really enjoy Duck Dynasty and respect the Robertson family a lot. They are such a strong, Christian family who have been through the fire and been refined and have given so much glory to God for their lives and the journey they have walked.

Missy and Jase faced some major decisions when it came to the birth of their daughter Mia. She had a cleft lip and palate and needed surgery. This surgery would not just occur once at 3 months old, but would continue at different stages of her development. This wasn't a one-time fix. It was going to be a long journey. Missy did an excellent job explaining the problems it causes, the possible problems that I didn't know could occur with a child who has cleft problems, and even how the entire family had to adjust to the new family normal. Even the boys took on a few responsibilities and I loved it! Sometimes I wonder if I expect too much from my older two kids and this book showed me I didn't.

I love how all of the books the Robertson have written with such honesty and transparency. Missy shares about her thoughts and where her heart truly was throughout the different stages in the journey. She also shares how Jase struggled and how he felt through the different surgeries and doctor appointments. It was sweet to see a daddy's heart and his love for his daughter.

This book really shows how God took what was a bad situation and how God has used it for good and for his glory. Mia is going to do great things as she grows up! Thank you for sharing her story and for raising awareness about the challenges kids with cleft lips and palates face.
_______________
I received this book free from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment