
I have never read a book by Beverly Lewis that I haven't anticipated or disliked! Sometimes authors who have written many books fall into a rut and don't improve after their first couple of books. Beverly Lewis is quite the opposite, in my opinion. She seems to keep building on her previous books and each book that I read I say is my "new favorite."
I could not imagine the heart-wrenching pain when Eva looses her sister because she has chosen to run away. The pain is very easy to relate to as a reader because we all have experienced something similar in our own families, I'd be willing to guess. I'll be honest... Eva's brother got on my bad side at the start because of how he talked to Eva and his sisters and how he made them make choices they shouldn't have had to make.
I absolutely love Jed and how he is introduced to Eva for the first time. That was such a wonderful idea to write into the story. It was beautiful!
As always, I didn't want to see this book end. I finished the last page already anxious to start another book by Beverly Lewis. They just never seem to last long enough!
______________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment