Tuesday, January 5, 2016

At Love's Bidding by Regina Jennings

At Love’s Bidding

I had completely forgotten how much I enjoy reading Regina Jennings. I had completely forgotten she had written of my top books, such as Sixty acres and a Bride, Love in the Balance, and A Most Inconvenient Marriage. I always find myself laughing throughout the book and she just knows how to make her readers enjoy her books.

The opening pages of this book had me engaged from the start. I couldn't go a few pages without laughing.. In fact, it was the parts of humor that made me flip to the back to remind myself of what books Regina had written. I love that laughter triggered that memory for me.

Miranda Wimplegate is just a fun character. She tries to restrain herself and stay "in her place" but she keeps finding herself in situations where she needs to intervene. No matter what she does, Cornelius continues to pursue her in marriage. If only Miranda felt the same way about him. She's resolved to the fact that he's probably who she will end up with, but her heart just isn't in it. To prove Cornelius wrong, and to right a wrong, she travels with her grandfather to find something that should have never been sold by their auction house.

Wyatt Ballantine just added more humor to the situation, I think. The poor man had to deal with two people who had no clue about livestock or how to make that business run. Miranda isn't afraid to speak her mind and her grandfather has been having more "episodes." Imagine trying to make something work with these three characters! Antiques and livestock don't really have a lot in common!

I cannot wait for Jennings to write more books. She can't write them fast enough, in my opinion. I got done and wished there was another book I could read by her already! In the midst of stressful days, her book was just what I needed to wind down with.

Read more reviews on this book at: http://litfusegroup.com/author/Rjennings.
____________________
At Love’s Bidding (Bethany House, December 2015)
She sells priceless antiques. He sells livestock by the pound. Is he really the man to make a bid for her heart?
After helping her grandfather at their Boston auction house, Miranda Wimplegate discovers she’s accidentally sold a powerful family’s prized portrait to an anonymous bidder. Desperate to appease the people who could ruin them forever, they track it to the Missouri Ozarks and make an outlandish offer to buy the local auction house and all its holdings before the painting can move again.
Upon crossing the country, however, Miranda and her grandfather discover their new auction house doesn’t deal in fine antiques, but in livestock. And its frustratingly handsome manager, Wyatt Ballentine, is annoyed to discover his fussy new bosses don’t know a thing about the business he’s single-handedly kept afloat. Faced with more heads of cattle than they can count–but no mysterious painting–Miranda and Wyatt form an unlikely but charged partnership to try and prevent a bad situation from getting worse.
Learn more and purchase a copy.
 
Regina Jennings
Regina Jennings is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in English and a history minor. She is the author of "A Most Inconvenient Marriage," "Sixty Acres and a Bride," and "Caught in the Middle," and contributed a novella to "A Match Made in Texas." Regina has worked at the Mustang News and First Baptist Church of Mustang, along with time at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various livestock shows. She now lives outside Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, with her husband and four children.
____________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment