
I first saw Trim Healthy Mama posts on Facebook and disregarded them, thinking it was another health fad that would come and go. If it wasn't that, I was pretty sure it would be either too difficult to do or would require me eating some pretty nasty, and unenjoyable foods. Come on, now. I know all of you are wondering just how tasty the food can possibly be.
After some research into Trim Healthy Mama, I decided to give it a try. While I waited for the cookbook to arrive, I went out to purchase the main book so I could have a better understanding about what Trim Healthy Mama was and how it worked. Okay... so I also planned on giving it a rather skeptical try with my busy life.
Once the cookbook came, I opened it up and perused it and loved it from the beginning. At least I loved the pictures and the layout and the foods didn't seem crazy. It all looked like things I would cook on a monthly basis or things that were similar to what I already cook. Convinced I should start small, I started with a Crockpot recipe. I decided to try the chicken recipe. Oh my goodness. It tasted just like the recipe I have for chicken wrapped in bacon that I'm pretty sure is a ton of calories... especially when you put it over rice. This recipe tasted the exact same. I put it over the rice (which is made from cauliflower) and it was a huge hit with my 7-year-old and my 5-year-old. Even my husband liked it and he doesn't normally like cauliflower. I was sold.
The cookbook easily lays out the recipes and gives you some other alternatives to try. I love that real butter is used and coconut oil. I'll admit... I'm still a little skeptical on the drink section, but I'm working up the nerve to give it a try. I just don't see how some of those ingredients can make for a tasty drink.
Needless to say, for Christmas I purchased the main book for my mom and then she went out to get the cookbook too. Here's to 2016 and becoming a Trim Healthy Mama.
_______________
I received this book free from Harmony Publishers and the Blogging for Books program in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment