Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Spark Joy by Marie Kondo


I had never heard of the KonMari Method until a few weeks go when I saw a video tutorial of her folding socks and other clothes to fit into a box. I couldn't stop watching because I was so amazed at how neat and tidy it all looked. And it didn't take up much room and looked like it would make things so much easier to find. So when I saw this book coming out, I was interested enough to grab it!

My first thought as I flipped through the book was "Wow!" I enjoyed seeing the illustrations on how to fold certain items. They were perfect instructions and not one step was left out. I was easily able to figure it out. Believe it or not, it was a lot of fun to do. Who knew that about tidying?!

The theme of the book is about sparking joy, as indicated on the title. Everything she says about cleaning up goes back to joy. She even hits on the sore spot for book lovers--decluttering books and how to choose which books to let go of and which ones to keep on your shelves. My heart may have skipped a few beats as I thought about going through my own shelves.

The book breaks the sections up into very specific parts, including your recreational things, seasonal things, kitchen items, photos, books, etc. If it takes up a spot in your house, you can pretty much guarantee there's a spot in the book that discusses it.

I've kept this book out on my kitchen counters so I am reminded to do just a little bit every day. It is a little time consuming in the beginning, but I am so looking forward to having everything neat and tidy in my house. Well, at least the places where my children aren't located. I went ahead and bought the first book because I wanted to know even more about this method and why so many people are talking about it.
____________
I received this book free from Ten Speed Press through the Blogging for Books Program in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment