Saturday, November 3, 2018

Everything She Didn't Say by Jane Kirkpatrick

I have been a huge Jane Kirkpatrick fan since I discovered her. I was so excited to see that her new book had finally been published. It was a book that I devoured. I couldn't stop reading this story that reads more like a memoir. I can't imagine how hard this book had to have been to write and how much time she spent pouring over historical information to help form the framework of her story.

Carrie Strahorn marries a man who is a writer. He, Robert, has the task of writing for the railroad to help encourage people to go to the West and settle there. It'd be a hard life, but he firmly believes it would be rewarding as they begin settling towns in this area. Robert thinks that he might should journey alone and then just pop in to see his wife. Carrie disagrees. She thinks that he needs her and she could be a benefit to him. Not realizing all that she was signing up for, Robert gets permission to bring his wife along. After all, she's okay traveling until they start a family.

It's on this journey that secrets come out that begin to change some of their hopes and dreams. What was only going to be short adventure is now the foundation for a memoir that she one day hopes to publish.

This book has a little of everything....adventure, love, death, pain, hurt, excitement.....Jane Kirkpatrick makes you experience one emotion after another as you turn the pages.

If you haven't had a chance to read Jane Kirkpatrick before, I highly recommend you getting all of her books! Don't miss any!
____________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment