Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan


Becoming Mrs. Lewis  -     By: Patti Callahan
I love reading historical fiction that leaves me feeling like I learned something that I didn't know. A few months ago, I had read a non-fiction book on the life of Joy and Jack Lewis. Because I had read that, I felt like I might not learn as much from this book. However, the cover was beautiful and it drew me in. So after picking it up and putting it down several times in a store, I decided I'd finally just read it and give it a try. The history that flows into this story is beautiful. Patti Callahan did an excellent job weaving the facts into this novel. It has become a book that I've recommended to people when they need another book to read.

Of course, this is a love story between Joy and Jack. You do have to remember that this is a fiction novel. It's not nonfiction, so you will have to weed out the facts from the creative license that Callahan takes as an author. However, it quickly becomes a story that you can't put down.

While the novel is mostly a love story, there's a little something for everyone in this book. For those C.S. Lewis and Tolkien fans, you will love the conversation thrown in that these two have together. It's fun to see some of the history of C.S. Lewis thrown into the storyline.  There are also a few sensitive issues that are talked about in the story, so some readers may need to be aware of that.

I've never read anything by Patti Calahan before, but I've already been trying to find some of her other books now!
__________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment