
I have absolutely loved this series. It's captivated the mind of my 10-year-old son and has been a story that my 8-year-old daughter refers to quite a bit. We love the setting and how J. A. Myhre is able to write a lot from her experience as a doctor in Africa. I think her knowledge of Africa helps to make this book come alive.
This is a fictional series, but she writes in facts beautifully. Her description of places is easy for the mind to imagine. We have even stopped reading it out loud to even look at the scenery of different places in Africa.
The story focuses on good vs. evil, something that my son has loved. He has a hard time ending the story because he wants to know what happens next! Many great conversations have flowed out of not only this book, but the entire series. It's a series that promotes conversation with parents. I highly recommend this book as a read-aloud with your kids. If you don't read it aloud, then definitely follow up with them on things they loved or saw throughout the story. You definitely need to read it with your kids or you'll miss out on some good memories and conversation!
______________
I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required, and all thoughts expressed are my own.




0 comments:
Post a Comment